Re: [SLE] Adding partitions
  • From: Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 11:37:55 -0500
On Friday 11 February 2005 11:19 am, Philip Washington wrote:
> After reboot some windows vfat partitions are not showing up in 'My
> Computer'. I looked in fstab and there is no line defining a mount
> point for the partition. Is there a simple way for a user to configure
> fstab through a GUI interface so that these partitions will show up in
> 'My Computer'. The user/s are not that familiar with linux.
YaST/System/Partitioner.
It will give you a Warning dialog box, click yes.
You will then get a list of partitions and types.
For each of the partitions that you want to show up, select it, click on
edit, then select a mount point.

Then optionally click on fstab options:.
You can click on "Mountable by user" and "Do not mount on system startup".
This means that those partitions will not be mounted automatically, and the
user may mount them manually.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix user group