Re: [SLE] reiser or ext3
  • From: Jon Nelson <jnelson-suse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 11:00:37 -0600 (CST)
On Fri, 11 Feb 2005, devosc wrote:

> I saw a thread a while back about reiser, and then I also saw a
> comment that ext3 is also a reiser variant, so which one to choose?

ext3 predates reiser by a considerable margin. They are unrelated.

> If I now choose ext3, will trying to recovery the disk be any harder,
> easier, or more reliable?

Let me put on my hat that lets me see the future: "Probable."
ext3's fsck tools is about as robust and full-featured as they get.

My advice: have backups of everything, regardless of the FS.

--
Carpe diem - Seize the day.
Carp in denim - There's a fish in my pants!

Jon Nelson <jnelson-suse@xxxxxxxxxxx>