Re: [SLE] reiser or ext3
  • From: "L. Mark Stone" <lmstone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 07:51:12 -0500
On Friday, February 11, 2005 04:53 pm, Joe Morris (NTM) wrote:
> Per Jessen wrote:
> >JFS is IBMs Linux-port of HPFS w/journaling from OS2 Warp Server,
> > and as such it goes quite way back.

JFS goes farther back than that...

IBM has a JFS web site at developer works that describes the complete
history. As I understand it, the original JFS came from AIX. IBM
ported some of the JFS code to add the journaling capabilities of JFS
to the HPFS32 file system on Warp Server in 1999. It was as you say
the Warp Server code that was ported to Linux.

A Message From... L. Mark Stone

Reliable Networks of Maine, LLC

"We manage your network so you can manage your business."

477 Congress Street
Portland, ME 04101
Tel: (207) 772-5678
Web: http://www.rnome.com