cannot load kde-addons as root [SuSE 9.1]
  • From: devosc <devosc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 14:55:20 -0600
Tried recovering (reinstalling) from some other problems, but this
time around I decided to tweak the settings via YaST2 during the
install process, in particular I choose gdm and gnome as the Windows
Manager etc..

However I still use Konqueror as the file manager, and previously
would have a launcher for root level access, via which I would launch
Kate to edit these root privileged files...

However now when logged in as a normal user, and running the kdesu
konqueror launcher I can no longer lauch Kate, I have to run kdesu
Kate in order for it to start up.

Also, maybe incidentally, when I su to root and run kate it says
program not found, yet I can run it as a normal user...

is there anyway that I regain this functionality, as said the primary
difference between this installation compared to previous ones is that
I choose gnome as the windows manager, so I wondering if the addons or
some sort of links where not initiated as per a default install (where
kde is default manager).

G.

--
devosc