Re: [SLE] Dual-booting...or trying, heh
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 22:53:21 -0500
Randall R Schulz wrote:

> Face it: What you're really fond of is what you're familiar with using.
> I strongly doubt there are any DOS applications with true superiority
> to applications available as native Linux apps.

There's something to be said for familiarity. I learned 1-2-3 over 20
years ago, and am still using 1-2-3 menus in Quattro Pro as a native
language. No steenkin mouse required. DOS apps get by on infinitesimal
amounts of RAM. Lotsa reasons to like DOS apps. Also, DOS apps on modern
hardware do everything faster than the speed of light. ;-)
--
"He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and
whoever lives and believes in me will never die." John 11:25 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/

< Previous Next >