Re: [SLE] Re-Install Question 2
  • From: Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 01:55:21 -0600

David Johanson wrote:

Well, while trying to make the system run more "smoothly", I elected to set log-in to auto, no password since it's a stand along system and I'm the inly user.

The autologin stuff is in /opt/kde3/share/config/kdm/kdmrc in the section marked "# Core config for 1st local display"

What do I need to do the regain control?

I'm no expert in autologin (never used it) but take a look at the last variable, AutoLogin1st. If that is set to false, it says you have to crash the X server in order to complete the login. If everything else is OK (you did mention a username to autologin, yes?) and this doesn't seem to be the problem, set things back to the defaults (which only requires commenting them all out) and restart.