Re: [SLE] Problem starting Firefox, Thunderbird, Mozilla
  • From: Hans Krueger <hanskrueger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 11:04:04 -0500
Taavi Dovnar wrote:

With most users I have problems starting Firefox and Thunderbird. Lets say that user login to Linux box, first time ever. Starts Firefox.
Can change startpage and everything. Next time Firefox does not start. It just "thinks"... Cursor is in "thinking" state, in taskbar you can see Firefox name... But within ~10-15 seconds it stops, Firefox does not start... Everything else works normally.
Same with Thunderbird. First time you can create account, read mails etc. Next time Thunderbird does not start. When trying to run from xterm, there are no error messages displayed.
With some users, everything seems to be working.

And with Mozilla the same problem occurs. But if Mozilla starts, it asks for a new profile, because default "is in use". Although the user isn't logged in in another machines...
I have removed/installed/updated these programs... Doesn't seem to help.

try looking at your plugin
I had that problem it didn't like a plugging that I had can't remember which one

--
Hans
hanskrueger@xxxxxxxxxxxx