Re: [SLE] Kate where is the run script located
  • From: devosc <devosc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 10:07:32 -0600
the problem is that I'm using Gnome as my Display and Windows Manager,
this causes Kate to not appear in the SuSE Menu :: Utilities ::
Editor, consequently in the shell when I su to root and run 'kate' it
says command not found, but if I did so as a normal user it will run.

The reason why I'm asking is that I still use Konqueror as the file
manager, and I run it as root 'kdesu kfmclient openProfile
filemanagement' but then when I try to open a file with Kate nothing
happens (probably because of the command not found error seen via the
shell).

I would like to add Kate to Gnome's SuSE Menu :: Utilities :: Editor
list, but don't where this config file / directory is located, or
create a symlink, but in either case I would need to know the location
of script that executes Kate...

A starting point (for the menu amendment) might be to find the
directory location of:

'suse-menu:///Utilities/Texteditor'

It's also strange as to why Kate does not appear under the Utilities
list in suse-menu, but does appear when viewing via the actual context
menu...

G.