Re: [SLE] Which start-up script?
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 12:47:01 -0500
Anders Norrbring wrote:

I want to run a script AFTER the system has been set up. That is, after

all

inet.d scripts has been run.

If I use boot.local, it's run first of all, but how do I run commands as

the

very last things?

Have you tried running it from your autostart folder? Then it'll run
only after you log in.

Well, it's a system start script on a server.. Normally there are no users
that log in, so that won't help much...

Anders.

Then you'll have to create your own init script in /etc/init.d and then create the appropriate links, with the highest number, i.e. S99myscript, in the appropriate run level directories. This will then cause it to run after everything else. There's a skeleton file in /etc/init.d and also some info in the admin guide.