RE: [SLE] insserv broken?
  • From: "Anders Norrbring" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 20:14:22 +0100
> On Sunday 13 February 2005 10:42 am, Anders Norrbring wrote:
> > >
> > > Perhaps the "$all" is not matched case-insensitively. Try "$all"
> instead
> > > of "$ALL".
> >
> > Nope, same result if I use 'all' or 'ALL', no difference, it inserts it
> as
> > S01...
> >

> Maybe it needs to be defined in /etc/insserv.conf ? There's
> no '$all' there in my copy.

I doubt it, since it should be used to insert the script last of ALL
scripts. Lets say I build a script that provides "Eggs";

### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides: Eggs

Then I can add another script that depends on the Eggs;

### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides: Chickens
# Required-Start: Eggs

When I do 'insserv chickens', it will be inserted to start after 'eggs'.

insserv.conf doesn't need to have any knowledge about the eggs and chickens,
if you look in it you'll see that $network is only short for the
services 'network' 'pcmcia' and 'hotplug'.

If you should define $ALL in there, you'd have to add every distribution
script, PLUS all your own..
I think $ALL should just make insserv put your script at the highest
possible S-value..

Anders.