Re: [SLE] insserv broken?
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 08:52:19 +0100
On Sunday 13 February 2005 18:32, Anders Norrbring wrote:
> I just noticed.. I made a script based on "skeleton" and I added;
>
> # Required-Start: $ALL
>
> when I executed insserv on the script it was linked as "S01script" and as
> such it's started first, yet the line above should tell insserv to isert
> the script to start LAST, not FIRST..
>
> Ideas anyone?

It works on my system. Example script evlog, default is Required-Start:
network

/etc/init.d # ls rc5.d |grep evlog
K16evlog
S06evlog

insserv -r evlog, change to $all ($ALL gives the same result) and insserv
evlog
/etc/init.d # ls rc5.d |grep evlog

K01evlog
S21evlog

S21 puts it dead last in my runlevel 5.

What versions of things are you running?