RE: [SLE] insserv broken?
  • From: "Anders Norrbring" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:22:03 +0100
> On Sunday 13 February 2005 18:32, Anders Norrbring wrote:
> > I just noticed.. I made a script based on "skeleton" and I added;
> >
> > # Required-Start: $ALL
> >
> > when I executed insserv on the script it was linked as "S01script" and
> as
> > such it's started first, yet the line above should tell insserv to isert
> > the script to start LAST, not FIRST..
> >
> > Ideas anyone?
>
> It works on my system. Example script evlog, default is Required-Start:
> network
>
> /etc/init.d # ls rc5.d |grep evlog
> K16evlog
> S06evlog
>
> insserv -r evlog, change to $all ($ALL gives the same result) and insserv
> evlog
> /etc/init.d # ls rc5.d |grep evlog
>
> K01evlog
> S21evlog
>
> S21 puts it dead last in my runlevel 5.
>
> What versions of things are you running?

I'm running SuSE Pro 9.1 stock+YOU updated.
# insmod --version
module-init-tools version 3.0-pre10

I did a new test... I made a script named "test", here are the results.

### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides: Dummy
# Required-Start: $all

# ls rc3.d/ | grep test
K21test
S01test

To me, this looks exactly REVERSED! Starts first, stops last.. *confused*

I changed the script to:
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides: Dummy
# Required-Start: $syslog