Re: [SLE] security updates
  • From: Togan Muftuoglu <toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 11:22:30 +0100
* Laur Ivan; <laur.ivan@xxxxxxxxxx> on 14 Feb, 2005 wrote:
Hi all,

I've noticed while updating my systems (YOU) that the various updates contain no human-readable information re the changes. it would be nice to find a message "fixed bug #12345" on the perl package rather than "installed version 1.2.3-5.3 - available version 1.2.3-5.4". IMO it'd take just a little time to a packager to add such diff content to the archive... What do you think?

yes it should be more detailed. On the other hand, since the packages in
question are buily by suse would you not agree the best place is to send
it to the attention of SUSE, as we can talk about it here for ages yet
it would still be unheard by SUSE
http://www.suse.com/cgi-bin/feedback.cgi
--
Togan Muftuoglu |
Unofficial SuSE FAQ Maintainer | Please reply to the list;