Re: [SLE] bad memory
  • From: Alex Angerhofer <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 11:53:16 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 15 Feb 2005, Randall R Schulz wrote:

> Alex,
>
> On Tuesday 15 February 2005 07:28, Alex Angerhofer wrote:
> > Dear List,
> >
> > ... Does SuSE come with any bad memory utilities, like
> > badmem or such? ...
>
> If you're running 9.0 or later (I think that's when it showed up, but
> maybe it was earlier) MemTest86 is included as a boot option. It's a
> very thorough memory tester, though even a single full pass can take
> quite a while to complete.

Actually, I already ran memtest86. That is how I found the memory hole. I
should have been more specific in my request. I was hoping to find a
utility that allows me to boot and run the machine by excluding any access
to the bad ram. I do run SuSE 9.2/64 with all the latest patches etc.

Best regards, Alex.