Re: [SLE] mySQL startup problem
  • From: "Carl E. Hartung" <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 13:07:30 -0500

Robert A. Rawlinson wrote:
<snip>
| I just installed mysql but when I tried to start it, it complained
| that it could not find priveledge tables. I found something that said
| I should run mysql_install_db. I did this and still I get the message.
| I am running on Suse 9.1. Has anyone else had this problem?
| Does anyone know how to solve it?

Hi Bob,

Just for the record, since you didn't elaborate:

- - what version of MySQL?
- - what is the full name of the installation package file?
- - where did you get it from? (SuSE/mirror via ftp? SuSE CD/DVD?)
- - how did you install it? (rpm -???? or YaST Install & Remove Software?)
- - was there any feedback from the system when you installed it? If so,
what was that feedback?
- - do you see anything in /var/log/messages worth mentioning?

Sorry to be a PITA stickler for detail :-) but knowing all this stuff
might narrow the field of possibilities a bit.

thanks,

- - Carl

- --

< Previous Next >