Re: [SLE] Textpad-like software for Linux
  • From: pelibali <pelibali@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 19:21:55 +0100
Hi,

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 13:57:00 -0600
. wrote:

> But I _always_ recommend jEdit (www.jedit.org). Great editor, tons
> of plugins to make it do just about anything you want, great feature
> set. I'm not kidding, I'm not exgerrating, jEdit has changed by
> coding life(for the better!) !!
>
> tdaniel

Thanks for your recommendation:)

After both Patrick, and you suggested the above program, I gave it a
try. By default none of the three crucial functions were present, so I
went, and checked the plugin list on the 'net. Surprisingly still no
fruits:(
I'm sorry, now repeating the important 'needed' features, maybe
somebody else would have an idea (all of them for plain text files):

- sorting of text (case sens./insens./numeric), and as wished removing
duplicated lines,

- searching in files, and show the filename/line nr. where the
string/regexp was found, or only show how many hits were there,

(- smooth handling of regexps, mainly \n and \t containing ones;
possibility to exchange something in all opened files.)

Thanks for your kind attention,

Pelibali