Re: [SLE] Before I do this, is there annything I should be forewarned about?
  • From: "Carl E. Hartung" <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 15:12:47 -0500

http://counter.li.org , Using Free Software since SuSE Linux 6.4. Currently
| using SuSE Linux 9.0 Pro and enjoying the Penguin :D

Hi Tom,

Given your experience, I'm a little surprised that you would contemplate
upgrading instead doing a 'clean' install. The differences between 9.0
and 9.1 were significant and there are again significant differences
between 9.1 and 9.2.

Now, if I had some spare time and an extra machine to try it on, I could
possibly be talked into going from 9.0 to 9.1, or from 9.1 to 9.2, but
/skip/ a release?... knowing how much work sequential upgrades can be?
I don't know how long it would take for me to fully 'trust' the machine...

Of course, the YMMV disclaimer applies, but I am skeptical...

regards,

- - Carl

p.s. We had a major snow storm blow through here a few days ago (grumble
grumble) and it snowed again through the night, last night, into late
morning. I promise that /that/ didn't affect this reply one bit! B-)

- --