installing suse with 64 mb
  • From: blabla <blabla1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 18:22:26 +0100
Hi there,

I've got an old toshiba satellite laptop and want to put suse 9.2 fluxbox, abiword and other smallish apps on it.

However, before I can get to install I am told that the system does not have enough memory to run yast and needs a swap.

Since 64 mb is not enough to run knoppix or mephis I am unsure how to proceed (that is get the swap set up).

I tried gentoo for a laugh but stumbled straight away at fdisk /dev/hda (unable to seek on /dev/hda).

Can I still try Suse or should I go for another distro? if so, any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

Ingo

< Previous Next >