Media playing on Suse 9.1 - how to?
  • From: Christopher Carlen <crcarle@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 09:48:54 -0800
Greetings:

What is the most straightforward way of getting a media player set up on Suse 9.1 that can play most media formats including the WMV formats?

Are there packages from Suse available to "drop in" to the system which also have some integration with the desktop, and that work? Or is it necessary to go to the vanilla sources from the originating media player projects?

Thanks for input.

P.S. Is there any hope that one day we will get a Suse that just plays media out of the box? I guess not, considering the licensing issues, huh?

Good day!

--
Christopher R. Carlen

< Previous Next >