Re: [SLE] NFS issue
  • From: "DC Parris" <webdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 23:03:23 -0000
Subject: [SLE] NFS issue
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 22:02:44 +0000
From: John <John@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx

I have installed SuSE 9.2 Pro and, using YAST, configured the NFS server.

Apparently, I can also configure the same computer as a NFS client but,
when using YAST to browse NFS servers, it dose not find the one I've
configured, ie itself.

I've tried insserve /etc/init.d/nfsserver and insserve
/etc/init.d/portmap as suggested in the Administration Guide but it
makes no difference.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thanks.

(BTW I also get the same problem on a stand-alone SuSE9.2 workstation,
although it happily gets its DNS and DHCP information from the machine
configured as NFS server)

--
DC Parris
Matheteuo Christian Fellowship