Re: [SLE] FIREWALL HELP!
  • From: Togan Muftuoglu <toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:34:45 +0100
* Jerry Westrick; <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxx> on 18 Feb, 2005 wrote:
On Friday 18 February 2005 13:13, Joni Hoppen wrote:
Hi people,

I still having problems with the firewall cuz in my dns is set the external
ip and the clients of my subnet have no direct access to this external ip
like pop3, smtp the machines are already configured by address to connect
their accounts and nowadays we need to put 192.168.0.1 in all machines. its
a hard work ..how can i do open accoess from the subnet to external ip of
my susefirewall?

thanks a lot
Joni Hoppen
Joni, I suggest you use FWBUILDER (www.fwbuilder.com). It is a GUI for making firewalls.

I would not recommend as my understanding is in order to configure a
firewall you need to understand the method behind. As I understand it
the OP has not even tried to understand or looked for documentation on
his requirements. When you are asking him to try fwbuilder, you are
telling him to run when he is just able to walk.

OP have a look at
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=42064&package_id=60847
and download the PDF readit and you will find a description related your
problem along with the recommendation for SuSEfirewall2

--
Togan Muftuoglu |
Unofficial SuSE FAQ Maintainer | Please reply to the list;