Re: [SLE] cups printer prints only one page
  • From: Wybo Dekker <wybo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 00:12:35 +0100 (CET)
On Fri, 18 Feb 2005, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

> * Wybo Dekker <wybo@xxxxxxxxxxx> [02-18-05 17:42]:
> > On Fri, 18 Feb 2005, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> > > I see nothing wrong here. When you print via cups, what interface
> > > are you using, kprinter, xpp, ....?
> >
> > just lpr...
>

> Duh, excuse me. I just re-read your original post and, IIANM, you
> stated that you sent output via cat to /dev/lp0 and to lpr. You sent
> one stream directly to the printer/printer-port without benefit of
> cups or any filters and the other, which you say printed correctly,
> to the printer, lpr, via your installed interface, cups.
>
> What you sent to /dev/lp0 would have printed as the printer
> interpreted it as RAW material. CUPS had nothing to do with it.
>
> Does this satisfy your query?

no: when I send a multipage ps-file to /dev/lp0 with cat, it prints
all pages without problems, (I did so only to verify that nothing is
wrong with the PostScript file) but when I send it with lpr it prints only
the first page.
Normally one would like to be able to send files to the printer with lpr,
especially if they are not PostScript...

--
Wybo