Re: [SLE] Re: 9.2 scsi install: sym53c8xx: Unknown parameter `mpar'
  • From: "Carl E. Hartung" <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 20:00:31 -0500

Jim Osborn wrote:
<snip>
> How can I give the scsi driver some parameters?

Hi Jim,

I've looked at the logs and scanned the driver docs and think I may have
one or two reasonable ideas. First, I'd like to locate and download a
product data sheet and all the available documentation for that specific
controller. I need the model number and a production date or rev.
number -- and a URL, too, if you happen to know what it is.

The driver's author refers to Symbios and Tekram setup programs for
models where NVRAM is used to store the controller setup data. From
sym53c8xx_2.txt, section 5: "If your controller has NVRAM, you can
configure this feature per target from the user setup tool. The Tekram
Setup program allows to tune the maximum number of queued commands up to
32. The Symbios Setup only allows to enable or disable this feature."
There are other phrases scattered throughout the document which /seem/
to suggest that passing boot parameters isn't possible when the setup
information in stored in NVRAM. Did you get a CD with that controller?
If so, does it have a setup program on it?

- - Carl

- --