Re: 9.2 scsi install: sym53c8xx: Unknown parameter `mpar'
  • From: Jim Osborn <jimo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 00:48:06 -0800
On Sat, Feb 19, 2005 at 1:13:25AM -0500, Carl E. Hartung wrote:
> I posted the Linux driver and "Symbios tools utility" links but forgot
> the BIOS flash utility.
>
> - -->Link to the flash program:
> http://www.lsilogic.com/downloads/license.do?id=2000&did=2839&pid=2234
>
> - --> Link to the flash program readme doc:
> http://www.lsilogic.com/files/support/ssp/sdms/Bios/FLASH.TXT

A quick glance at that doc says that it does include the ability to
save and restore the existing BIOS; that's the good news. The bad
news is the opening line:

"This document provides information for the PCI Flash Utility
V1.14.00 for DOS."

and looking through it, they seem to really mean it: DOS, no Linux
anywhere in sight. I see only that one flash download on their page,
and the zip file contains only the one .exe file, nothing Linuxy.

This machine doesn't do DOS, so it seems that flash program won't
help; let's hope I can get SuSE 9.2 to install with the current BIOS.

Cheers,

Jim