SuSE 9.2 Can't wake up from blanked-out screen with Xmms
  • From: Bryan Tyson <bryantyson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 17:17:51 -0500
Running 9.2 for about a week everything is working well so far except
one oddity:

When running Xmms, if the screensaver is allowed to come on and it
remains idle long enough for the screen to blank out, tapping a key or
moving the mouse will not wake it up. Xmms continues to play, but I
cannot get back to my desktop. I just have a dark screen. What I have
done so far is either ctrl-alt-backspace to restart X or ctrl-alt-F1
and reboot from command line.

So far I have only seen it happen while xmms is playing. In other words,
any other time the screen blanks out, it wakes up fine with a key tap
or mouse wiggle.

Has anyone else seen such a behavior and does anyone have an idea for
solving the problem? Also, what happened when the screen is dark? Did X
crash or something? Is it the power saving?

Thank you.

Bryan