how to start the gui?
  • From: "Steve Lett" <jeepnut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 22:41:13 -0600
This is probably really dumb, but I'm obviously pretty much a newbie...
I've only ever run SuSE linux and it always was starting the KDE gui.
But now my big 20" monitor died, and in trying to change to a temporary 15" monitor, suddenly I find it only is
booting up to a text screen prompt.
I can login, and did so as root, then nothing else happens.

How do I:
1. make it start the KDE gui like normal
2. make it stay that way. I'm lost at the command line for the most part.

TIA
Steve