Re: [SLE] TV card (Conexant CX2388x chipset) and sound in SUSE 9.2
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 22:08:23 +1100
Sid Boyce wrote:
Basil Chupin wrote:

I have the Leadtek DV2000 TV card with the above chipset. I finally got it to work under v9.2 (Hurrah!), using TV TIME, and get a good picture -- but I have no sound :-(.

I've played around with the sound settings in the sound mixers for Alsa sound and Kmix without success.

I get perfect sound when I play a music CD (but yet to try a DVD because of the stoooopid way SUSE ships with the broken XINE and the other video player).

Can anyone please suggest a solution as to why I cannot get sound with the TV card?

Cheers.

I forgot to mention my card (Nova-T Winfast 2000 XP) is based on the Conexant CX23882-19 Broadcast Decoder chip, CX22702-25 (Taiwan ) chip in the upper right of the board and Thomson DTT7592 Tuner.
cx88_dvb 6596 0
cx8802 9028 1 cx88_dvb
mt352 8196 1 cx88_dvb
video_buf_dvb 6148 1 cx88_dvb
dvb_core 75880 1 video_buf_dvb
evdev 9088 0
cx22702 9988 1 cx88_dvb
cx8800 27468 0
cx88xx 48028 3 cx88_dvb,cx8802,cx8800
dvb_pll 4804 3 cx88_dvb,cx22702,cx88xx
ir_common 5700 1 cx88xx
bttv 142928 0
video_buf 18500 6 cx88_dvb,cx8802,video_buf_dvb,cx8800,cx88xx,bttv
v4l2_common 6464 0
btcx_risc 5640 4 cx8802,cx8800,cx88xx,bttv
tveeprom 12952 2 cx88xx,bttv
nvidia 3465052 12
video 15364 0
Currently using the video4linux snapshot.
Regards
Sid.

Many thanks for this, Sid. I shall try this out, as well as the app. you mentioned in the previous msg.

Cheers.

--
"The absence of alternatives clears the mind marvellously."