Re: [SLE] Mozilla thunderbird
  • From: David Johanson <dcjohan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 12:04:46 -0500

Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Taavi Dovnar <taavid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [02-20-05 05:53]:

But I have problem, that this lock file remains there, although I close
Thunderbird (and Firefox, Mozilla has same problem) nicely, even logout
or halt computer. And in another computer I would have to delete manually this lock file
in order to use default profile... Any suggestions?

When you have the problem, run from the command-line: ps aux|grep -i thunderbird

to see if any instances of thunderbird remain. If so (and I suspect
that this is your problem), issue from the command-line:
kill -9 <pid #'s of thunderbird>

I believe you can also just <ctrl> <esc> from the keyboard, the process table dialog will pop up, and you can scroll down the list of active process' selecting each instance of thunderbird and then clicking on the kill button.

dave
and the lock file will magically disappear.

--
David C. Johanson
Linux Counter # 116410