Re: [SLE] SuSE update: RPM has invalid signature (?)
  • From: "Carl E. Hartung" <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 14:40:07 -0500

Hi Jon,

Patrick's "man rpm" and searching for "sig" gets you to where you can
figure out the solution, but I'd really like to know how the problem
came about in the first place?

I've installed and updated by ftp a number of times and not run into
this. The first time I bought the boxed Pro set and my CD-ROM drive
died. I made the boot and module floppies on another machine, booted
and loaded the modules I needed and it just worked. It took most of the
night but it worked.

So, would you mind sharing all the steps you took to get this
installation under way?

- - Carl

- --