Re: [SLE] Yast online update
  • From: Jonathan Brooks <jonathan.brooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 20:03:33 +0000
Count yourself lucky! At least you don't get YOU showing you the list of
servers, downloading the list of patches, letting you select the patches you'd like to download, then downloading the patches one by one, ONLY TO BE TOLD THAT YOU CAN'T INSTALL THEM BECAUSE THE SIGNATURE IN THE F*C$1n& RPM PATCH FILE IS INVALID

What the smeg is going on with SuSE/YOU/patches etc.....????

I am one frazzled neuron away from jumping up and down on this stupid PC until it's a smoldering heap of scrap.

Help - I need valium.

Jon.

Joe Zitnik wrote:

I'm trying to run Yast Online Update, and every time I do, it tells me
it can't download the list of servers. I take the url it lists in the
error, and put it in a browser and it gets the list fine. I can get
anywhere on the internet from a browser, but it's like yast doesn't know
how to get out on the internet. It tells me to check my network
connection. I have even FTPd to one of the servers from the console
prompt just to test. If I enter a server in to the list manually, it
tells me it can't cd in to i386. Once again, I go to a browser and get
there fine. Can anyone help before I beat this server to death with a
hammer?

--
Jonathan Brooks (Ph.D.) Research Fellow
PaIN Group, Department of Human Anatomy & Genetics