Re: [SLE] POP3s running, but will not allow connections
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 15:37:25 +0100 (CET)

The Sunday 2005-02-20 at 22:54 -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

> I do not use Evolution but I believe that Evolution has a self contained
> Mail Transfer Agent. Have you configured Evolution to fetch and deliver
> your mail? And, if you have configured Evolution to utilize postfix, (I
> assume this is possible) have you configured postfix to deliver your
> mail?

My crystal ball (R) ;-) says that he is probably trying to set up a pop3s
server, and he is testing it fetching with evolution, locally ; but the
connection is rejected.

That being so, I would suggest the OP to have a look at the mail log.

But of course, my ball is very temperamental, they don't make them as in
the old times: it might be wrong, and it doesn't have autocheck features;
I suppose I should upgrade, but they are so expensive nowdays...

:-p

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson