Re: [SLE] Alternative to lm_sensors?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 19:07:51 +0100
Randall R Schulz wrote:

> I've grown weary waiting for my mainboard's sensor chip to get support
> in lm_sensors (from
> <http://secure.netroedge.com/~lm78/newdrivers.html>: "A driver has been
> requested, will be developped [sic] upon donation of a board.")
>
> Is there any alternative to lm_sensors that does not leave us at the
> whims of board donors and / or the proclivities of the lm_sensor
> developer(s)?

I don't know of anyone else doing this work, so the obvious option is - and you probably won't
be particularly thrilled - write it yourself.
Alternatively, you start pestering Intel to make them provide a board for the lm_sensors people.

> The board I have is an Intel D865PERL and the sensor chip is a National
> PC87372 or PC87373 (I no longer recall which, but they're apparently
> similar chips and are grouped together in the requested sensor chip
> driver status table).

If the datasheets for those chips are available, that's all the info you need.
Which it seems to be: http://www.national.com/pf/PC/PC87372.html

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich

--
http://www.spamchek.com/freetrial - sign up for your free 30-day trial now!