Re: [SLE] Alternative to lm_sensors?
  • From: Peter B Van Campen <peterb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:01:50 -0600
On Wednesday 23 February 2005 2:42 pm, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> Jeffrey,
>
> On Wednesday 23 February 2005 12:13, Jeffrey L. Taylor wrote:
> > Gkrellm will display ACPI temperatures as well as lm_sensor
> > temperatures. Don't know which other user-mode packages do. Of
> > course, you must have a kernel with ACPI support. When I installed
> > SuSE 9.2, ACPI was supported and worked on my desktop (PogoLinux
> > Altura with Athlon XP 1800+ and MSI motherboard) and laptop (IBM
> > T41 Thinkpad).
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. I've installed GKrellM. (By the way, what
> on Earth does that name mean or stand for?
Dear Randall,

Remember the Movie "Forbidden Planet" ?? The Extinct civilization on
that planet who left an incredible working physical plant that could
take a persons thoughts and project or create whatever that person
wanted were called the KRELL. Dr Morbius showed the Space Fereration
Capt and Doctor one of the control rooms monitoring meters as a taste
of how much power was avail.

Well the author or GKrellM invented that name KrellMeters and shortened
it to Krellm and added the G for GTK or Gnome, or both.

PeterB

p.s. that Movie screen play was the inspiration for the later
generations of serious SF in movies and TV. The screenplay was loosely
based on the Shakespeare play "The Tempest" which sophisticated
scholars consider to be the finest work or Shakespear (or Francis Bacon
as some believe).

Proud SUSE user since 5.2
Loving SUSE 9.2
My BLOG == http://vancampen.org/blog