Re: [SLE] Latest SuSE 9.1 Kernel Update vs. Nvidia
  • From: Sunny <sloncho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 09:44:51 -0600
On Saturday 26 February 2005 07:31, Robert Paulsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed the latest kernel update and am having trouble with
> Nvidia.
>
> According to the note that was displayed with the kernel update I went to
> runlevel 3 (text mode) and installed the update via the text-mode version
> of Yast. All seemed to go well and I rebooted to runlevel 3 in order to do
> the following...
>
> cd /usr/src/linux
> make cloneconfig
> make prepare-all
> nvidia-installer --update

nvidia-installer --update -f
Use this, if you do not have the .run package from nvidia. This will force the
reinstalation.

Or, better approach is to download from nvidia the .run file, and use it. That
way, next time when you need to repeat this procedure, you will not need to
download again, if there is no update at nvidia site.

<snip>

> --
> Robert C. Paulsen, Jr.
> robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx