Re: [SLE] Sometimes Linux makes me crazy.
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 10:47:10 -0800
Alex,

On Saturday 26 February 2005 10:21, Alex Daniloff wrote:
> On Saturday 26 February 2005 09:25 am, Ken Schneider wrote:
> <snipped>

> The question is why to convert MS users to Linux?
>
> ... They don't give their ignorant damns
> about what OS their appliance is running. ...

Yeah, and when the Swiss-cheese-like security of their XP box causes
them to lose their family photo album, their kids' homework, or worse,
their credit card numbers and / or allows their PC to become part of
some black-hat's unholy digital army of the night, they and / or we pay
the price.

Quality matters, whether you're a guru programmer or a casual Web
surfer. If anything, it matters more for the latter.

The appliance analogy itself bears this out. My cousin's family had to
rebuild their whole kitchen because their Mr. Coffee started their
house on fire. Fortunately, in that case, the manufacturer of that
coffee maker had to pay because their product was faulty. The same
should be true for Microsoft and all software publishers. They should
be prohibited from disclaiming responsibility for the consequences when
people use their products for the purposes for which that software is
explicitly advertised.

Corporations want all the rights of personhood but none of the
responsibilities that should go with it. And people blame the lawyers!
Bah!!

> Just my humble opinion.

Uh-huh.

> Alex