Re: [SLE] Move from single drive to software RAID
  • From: Chris Cameron <chris@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 15:31:51 -0700
Very late follow up, but just for anyone who is interested.

The way I fixed my problem was to change the root device to /dev/md0
from md1. Don't know why it didn't like md1, but switched those two,
and I'm currently typing this from my computer with a software raid /
partition.

If anyone else is doing something similar, something I didn't cover
below that is important, you have to remake your initrd with mkinitrd.

Thanks to Ken Schneider for his help on this.

Chris