Re: [SLE] Sometimes Linux makes me crazy.
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 15:30:34 -0800
Alex,

On Saturday 26 February 2005 13:20, Alex Daniloff wrote:
> On Saturday 26 February 2005 10:47 am, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> <snipped>
>
> > Yeah, and when the Swiss-cheese-like security of their XP box
> > causes them to lose their family photo album, their kids' homework,
> > or worse, their credit card numbers and / or allows their PC to
> > become part of some black-hat's unholy digital army of the night,
> > they and / or we pay the price.
>
> It's entirely up to you how secure you want to be.

This is false. When millions of unsecured systems are connected to the
Internet through high-speed, always-on network connections, we are all
put at risk. When mail servers across the globe are choked with a worm
or when a Web site you need to use is the target of a DDOS attack made
possible by the lax security of these systems, it is clear we've gone
beyond the realm of personal choices.

> Alex

Randall Schulz

< Previous Next >