Re: [SLE] Upgraded Mozilla still renders wrong
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 10:58:28 -0800
Christopher,

I have Mozilla 1.7.5 installed from a binary tarball I got directly from
the Mozilla.org site. It is a GTK2 build.

On Monday 28 February 2005 10:41, Christopher Carlen wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I just upgraded my Suse 9.1 to Mozilla 1.7.5 using the .rpm from
>
> ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/mozilla
>
> Unfortunately, this version still renders some pages horribly. I
> know that Mozilla and Firefox on Windows, and even Firefox (vanilla
> from Mozilla.org) renders these correctly on Linux:
>

> http://shop.mellesgriot.com/products/ProductLine.asp?plga=020160&mscs
>sid=
>
> For that site, text is rendered on top of itself and the menu in the
> upper left is messed up.

I see only one obvious imperfection in how my Mozilla renders this page:
the "Search" button in the upper-left is misaligned w.r.t. the text
field to which it presumably applies. It is shifted upward several
pixesl--about one third of the button's and the field's height. Its
horizontal placement appears correct--it abuts the text field on its
right precisely.

I see exactly the same thing in Firefox.

> http://www.travelocity.com/?Service=TRAVELOCITY

This page appears to render perfectly in both Mozilla 1.7.5 and in
Firefox.

> For the Travelocity site, notice the link overlaying the "Search
> flights" button. Things get really screwed when I: 1. select
> "Minors" equal to some number >0, 2. then the "Minor ages at time of
> travel" drop-down is overlayed by a link, so it cannot be used.

I cannot replicate this (mis-) behavior either in Mozilla or Firefox.

> Anyone else notice these rendering problems on their Suse 9.1
> installations? I am using 32-bit.

I, too, am using x86 (32-bit) Linux. You could try getting the 1.7.5
tarball. Installing won't interfere with anything else on your system
(nor will it integrate with menus, say, or MIME or file-extension
mappings), so you can easily experiment and then either toss it or make
it your default browser, as I do.

> Thanks.
>
> Christopher R. Carlen

Randall Schulz