Re: [SLE] ALSA question
  • From: Andreas Philipp <andreas.philipp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:00:44 -0500
Hans,

El Lun 28 Feb 2005 14:40, Hans du Plooy escribió:
> I also know that ALSA can handle this. I've seen it done, but for all the
> things I've tried, I can't get it to work. I know it can be done, I've
> seen it done (saw it on a audiophile's PC, old redhat with alsa added by
> hand).

You must set up the dmix plugin for ALSA. The nice folks from amaroK have a
page on their wiki with instructions for doing that, have a look at
http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/index.php/Setting_up_Dmix_for_ALSA

Not long ago I updated ALSA on my SuSE 8.2 box and succeeded with setting the
dmix plugin on my machine. If you can't get it done, just drop me a message
and I can send you my adoundrc.dmix file.

Regards,
--
Andreas Philipp
Noema Ltda.