Re: [SLE] Suse 9.1 and modem - problem
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 03:02:47 +1000
C Hamel wrote:
On Monday 31 May 2004 10:51, Hartmut Meyer wrote:

Hi,

On Monday 31 May 2004 17:40, Basil Chupin wrote:

[...]

In summary, something KDE-related is causing the problem with the
modem(s) - and it may be possible that it is k3b.

To be honst, this sounds devious (I guess you realised this) - on the other
hand it appears you did take a systematic approach.

I would pass this info onto to Suse Tech Support but I can't find their
address right now. If someone knows it could they please forward this
message to them on my behalf?

I have forwarded it to one of our modem guys.

Greetings from Bremen
hartmut

I wish to point out that the modem problem runs across versions. I am currently using v9 (FTP installed), and was using 9.1 for a short time. This was something not specifically mentioned in Basil's post, succinct though it was. :-)

WHOA there, CH! :-)

The modem problem for me has only come up in Suse 9.1
(Pro, BTW). I have had absolutely no problems with either internal (Conecant chipset, both HCF and SHF) or external modems in versions of Suse prior to v9.1. It is only with 9.1 that my problems began.

(Correctly me if I'm wrong but I thought you said that you are now firing on all 5 1/2 cylinders using version 9.0 but that it was 9.1 that is causing you much grief? Did I misunderstand you?)

Cheers.