Re: [SLE] Suse 9.1 and modem - problem
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 02:41:40 +1000
Hartmut Meyer wrote:
Hi,

On Monday 31 May 2004 17:40, Basil Chupin wrote:

[...]

In summary, something KDE-related is causing the problem with the
modem(s) - and it may be possible that it is k3b.

To be honst, this sounds devious (I guess you realised this) - on the other hand it appears you did take a systematic approach.

Devious is not the word. It's worse.

And yes, I've installed and re-installed now about 20 times now using different options. Of course, there is always something one misses or does wrong but I have tried to be as scientific about it as I can. (Years of being a Sysop of Bulletin Board Systems [BBSs] where "I have no problems in connecting to other BBS except yours" or "I can stay connected to other BBSs for hours except yours" was the "complaint of the day".)

I would pass this info onto to Suse Tech Support but I can't find their
address right now. If someone knows it could they please forward this
message to them on my behalf?

I have forwarded it to one of our modem guys.

Thank you. Greatly appreciated.

Greetings from Bremen
hartmut

Cheers.