SuSE 9.1 vs Windows XP
  • From: "William G. Westfall" <wgwestfall1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 02:36:20 -0600
Well, I have a duel boot system because I have certain games I adore and Linux
has yet to pick them up.

But.... I have always wanted to be able to watch TV while computing. Recently
I purchased a Haupauge WinTV card and initially installed it in Windows XP,
since that is the software that came with it.

After 3 crashes and it barely working I booted into SuSE 9.1 to give it a
shot. WOW, Linux is on the verge my friends. Kdetv worked perfectly the first
time, card recognized... channels set, and blast off. Still waiting for some
sound configuration problem or crash.... been running it for 10 days now,
LOL.

Windows days are numbered, just get the games ported and windows is history on
this guy's machine!!!!!!

Proud to be an advocate of Linux.... put 9.1 on 3 of my friends machines so
far. Hoping for more.
--
Linux 2.6.4-54.5 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux (SuSE 9.1)

  • No further messages