Re: [SLE] Sorry SuSE: 9.1 is Waste of time and money!
  • From: Fred Miller <fmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 01:32:24 -0400
On Monday May 31 2004 12:32 am, Kastus wrote:
> On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 12:02:53AM -0400, Fred Miller wrote:
> > That's you choice. I've had more problems with their controller chips
> > than you can shake a stick at! MANY of the systems I setup are in HEAVY
> > use - production systems, thus there are very few MBOs I'll use. I do all
> > I can to avoid VIA and under NO circumstances will I use SiS. I don't
> > have time to screw around with marginal hardware.
>
> Well, VIA could be my choice, but I guess, it's SuSE choice too.
> If you search SuSE hardware database for VIA and motherboards, it returns
> 6 chipsets with full support. Of course, it's your choice not to believe
> what SuSE says.
>
> Also, I would appreciate if you enlighten us what hardware is not marginal
> if it's going to be used with SuSE.

I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you - period. I said, I avoid
VIA if at all possible, and no way will have SiS. It's my choice. I normally
don't have hardware problems, so I must be doing something right.

Fred

--
"The only secure Microsoft software is what's still
shrink-wrapped in their warehouse..." (Forno)

< Previous Next >