Re: [SLE] Sorry SuSE: 9.1 is Waste of time and money!
  • From: Ted <ted@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 16:03:24 +0100
On Saturday 29 May 2004 19:48, Terje J. Hanssen wrote:
> I am sorry to conclude that my upgrade from SuSE 9.0 Pro to 9.1 Pro has
> been waste of time and money for me, so far. The same I have to say
> about the free SuSE "Installation support".
>
> The reason is that my SuSE 9.1 installation only detects 1 of my 3 SCSCI
> devices (as I wrote in another subject on this forum:
> http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-linux-e/2004-May/3254.html)
>
> Yamaha 4416S CDRW recorder detected
> HP DVD Writer 100i NOT detected
> Epson 1640SU scanner NOT detected

Be thankful you can install 9.1....I tried to upgrade v9 but it tells me it
cannot find the media...I formatted another partition using Yast but once
again it told me it couls not find the media....I know the drive is ok as I
can install Debian no problem...I will give Suse a ring later this week
to see if they can help but it looks as if I bought junk....
Been using Suse since the tgz days but think it is time to say goodbye

--
Regards
Ted Wager G3TPI