Re: [SLE] Sorry SuSE: 9.1 is Waste of time and money!
  • From: Mark Crean <mcrean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 20:46:08 +0100
On Sun, 2004-05-30 at 16:10, C Hamel wrote:
[snip]
> Like I wrote a couple people privately: SuSE Sux <G>
> --

Oh come on. I've just installed Debian 3.1 on my second PC (the other
one runs SuSE 9.0). It's taken installing one of the more "in the raw"
distros to make me realize how well SuSE has served me over the past
three years. There's nothing wrong with Debian of course, and in fact it
is extremely fast .. but without anything like YaST or the numerous
suseconfig scripts the time taken to configure all the hardware and all
the software is absolutely horrendous! It does seem as if SuSE 9.1 is
less forgiving than 9.0, for want of a better word, and my sympathies go
to folks whose set-up depends on a particular piece of hardware that 9.1
just doesn't seem to like. But oh boy ... Not all the alternatives are
simpler let alone less hassle to set up. Besides, what's the problem
with sticking to a 2.4 kernel for another few months. Just my 2 cents.

:)

Fish

< Previous Next >