Re: [SLE] ssh question
  • From: Jim Sabatke <jsabatke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 14:07:40 -0500
Trey Sizemore wrote:
I have a laptop running SUSE 9.1 and a desktop with Arch Linux 0.6. I
want to transfer a bunch of files from the desktop to the laptop. I
have made sure the sshd daemon is running on both boxes and both boxes
can ping each other (connected through a Netgear router).
However, when I open Konq on the laptop and type
'fish://username@xxxxxxxxxxx' on the laptop, I get an error message
saying 'Could not connect to host at XXX.XXX.X.X (IP of the desktop
machine.

How can I fix this?

Thanks.

fish:// is new to me too. When I entered "fish://user@hostname" in Konq, I got a prompt for a password. Then I got an error that "Cervisia does not support remote repositories." I guess this isn't completely implemented yet.

Mozilla has no idea what "fish" is.

--
Jim Sabatke
Hire Me!! - See my resume at http://my.execpc.com/~jsabatke

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.