I cannot play a CD
  • From: Karel De Vriendt <Karel.De-Vriendt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 20:49:04 +0200
I am running SuSE 9.1 on an ABIT mother board (with an AC97 sound chip).

In GNOME, I have the sounds associated with pressing buttons, etc.

In XMMS, I can play mp3 files

In the standard GNOME CD player, the player find the CD and can play the
CD but there is no sound (with the volume slider in of the player in
middle position).

In Alsaplayer, the CD is not found.

In XMMS, when I configure the input plugin - CD audio playern I can
check the drive, the drive is found:

Device /dev/cdrecorder OK
Disc has 25 tracks
Total lenght 70:54
Digital audio extraction text OK

Directory /media/cdrecorder OK

But when I want to constitute the play list, the directory
/media/cdrecorder seems to be empty.

when I do in a terminal:

cd /media/cdrecorder
/media/cdrecroder> ls

I get

/bin/ls: .: No medium found

But "grip", with CDRom device set to /dev/cdrecorder find the tracks on
the CD. But as with the standard GNOME CD player, I can play the CD
with grip but no sound (with the volume control set completely to the
right). But I can grip and encode the files.

Help plse. All suggestions are welcome

Many thanks in advance,

< Previous Next >