Re: [SLE] ssh question
  • From: Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 14:26:30 -0400
On Sunday 30 May 2004 01:35 pm, Trey Sizemore wrote:
> I have a laptop running SUSE 9.1 and a desktop with Arch Linux 0.6. I
> want to transfer a bunch of files from the desktop to the laptop. I
> have made sure the sshd daemon is running on both boxes and both boxes
> can ping each other (connected through a Netgear router).
>
> However, when I open Konq on the laptop and type
> 'fish://username@xxxxxxxxxxx' on the laptop, I get an error message
> saying 'Could not connect to host at XXX.XXX.X.X (IP of the desktop
> machine.
>
> How can I fix this?
>
> Thanks.

1) I've never heard of a fish: protocol.... (but that shows how much I
know)

2) I just tried it on two machines I have here, and it doesn't connect either.

3) But: go to a terminal session and type: ssh xx.xxx.xx.xx and it works
fine. (or use SCP)

Not sure whether it's supposed to work or not.

+ Bruce S. Marshall bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx Bellaire, MI 05/30/04 14:24 +
"There are only four words in the English language which end in "-dous":
tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous."