Re: [SLE] JUNO
  • From: Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 20:25:02 -0400
On 25 May 2004 20:39:14 -0700
Carl William Spitzer IV <cwsiv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just tested accessing a juno account via pop3 and smtp which they now
> support. Everything worked. I also found a listing for their DNS
> entrys.
>
> I am told that you can have network and dialup on the same machine.
>
> But can you have two different dialup ISP with their own DNS?
>
> Otherwise I can use the primary to log into the net on the second user
> and access the multiple juno accounts by pop that way.
Yes. You should be able to access your POP3 account from anywhere. On a
dialup network (as well as cable and DSL with dynamic IPs) your DNS is
normally set when you establish your network connection.

However, having 2 separate networks running simultaneously (eg. 2 NICS
or 1 NIC and 1 phone line) adds a bit of complexity to things like your
routing table.
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix user group