CRON Question
  • From: C Hamel <vgm2@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 18:36:51 -0500
I am using a script donated by one of our group to keep my internet connection
[hopefully] alive. I am having some problem w/the CRON e-mailing an error to
me each & every time it executes --whether as root or <user>. The error
follows:
'/bin/sh: Line 1: /usr/local/bin/ck_internet: Permission denied'
For some odd reason is is not appearing as a script, though right out of the
box it states in line 1: '#!/bin/sh' as any script I've made does & is
recognized. What's wrong!? Script follows:
#!/bin/sh
#
# Script to check if modem is disconnected & try reconnecting
#
result=$(cinternet -i ppp0 -s | grep disconnect)
#Checks the status of device dsl0 for the word 'disconnect' and stores the
#result in a variable called 'result'
if [ -n "$result" ]
#Test to see if the value is not NULL
then